Air Radiators incorporating CBM Technologies, designs and manufactures high performance cooling and heat recovery solutions for stationary engines.
We draw on more than 40 years of experience in delivering remote and engine mounted radiator systems for diesel and gas engines.
Our specialist engineers design fully customized, fit-for-purpose cooling and heat recovery solutions for power generation plants, pumping stations, mining and drilling machines, and more. We are experts and problem-solvers drawing from a broad range of radiator configurations including vertical, horizontal, V-pack and skid-mounted packages.
Flexibility in the way we partner with customers and utilize technologies ensure we are your true solutions partner, developing and delivering complete, fully tested and application-ready systems, not simply products.
With in-house manufacturing capability in both Australia and Thailand, we meet the needs of demanding projects, tight timelines and international delivery.
High performance under pressure is the hallmark we imbed into every aspect of our service from engineering design and project planning through to manufacturing, delivery, installation and commissioning.
“Our commitment to customers is under-pinned by a comprehensive aftermarket sales support system which offers replacement parts service, on-going technical assistance and field service support."Don Cormack, Adrad Chief Executive Officer
For over 40 years Air Radiators has delivered innovative systems for base load power generation, standby power, and pumping stations, using combined multi circuit radiators integrating Charge Air, Oil cooling, and Engine Water Cooling in a single package.
Power generation equipment demands the highest degree of reliability and durability. Air Radiators has earned a solid reputation for delivering heat transfer solutions that exceed customers’ expectations for thermal performance and service life across applications including:
- Reciprocating engines - diesel and gas fuelled
- Gas turbines
- Co-generation plant
We understand the specific needs of the power generation market and use our engineering know how and proven technologies to deliver you optimum solutions for each application.
Industrial environments are as remarkably demanding as they are diverse. Engine cooling solutions must be tailored to suit the specific challenges of each application.
Air Radiators provides a range of solutions custom engineered for skid mounted engine applications. We can incorporate multi-circuit engine water jacket cooling, charge air cooling, and oil cooling in a single custom-designed radiator assembly.
Typical applications include:
- Hydraulic power-packs
- Stationary cranes
- Drill rigs
We manufacture skid mounted radiators using a variety of materials and coating solutions depending on the specific operating environment.
Engine heat is increasingly being recovered to provide thermal energy for adjacent processes. At Air Radiators, we’ve worked with customers to develop co-generation solutions that harvest the enormous amount of waste heat generated by engines using a wide variety of heat exchangers. Typically, the two primary sources of recovered heat are engine jacket water and exhaust gas.
Adjacent processes that can use the recovered energy include:
- Heating required for manufacturing processes
- Heat for hot water circuits in air-conditioning systems
- Heating water used for hot water services
- Ammonia evaporation for chillers and freezers
- Heated air for process dryers
- Pre-heating water supply to boilers
Air Radiators designs custom heat exchangers to complement remote radiator systems to meet specified design criteria.
Air Radiators develops innovative Industrial solutions in partnership with you using a diverse range of products and configurations including:
- Flexible radiator configurations and heat recovery – including vertical and horizontal, V-Pack, induced draught and forced draught, low noise and stand mounted options to suit every application
- Fans – impellers and tube axials to provide maximum airflow and cooling power; optimal, cost-effective solutions that achieve the best balance between heat rejection (taking into account ambient air), noise, and energy efficiency
- Charge Air Coolers – improve your plant’s fuel economy, engine life, power delivery and exhaust gas emissions with coolers either integrated with other cooling functions in a single radiator package (custom packs) or as separate units; can incorporate water jacket cooling, oil cooling, air conditioner condensers, and charge air cooling all in one package
- Engine Cooling Systems – custom engineered remote and close coupled radiators to optimize your cooler performance for diesel engines from 100kW to 14MW
- Heat Exchangers – types including plate heat exchangers, tube and fin, and tube and shell units; designed to recover waste heat from diesel engines for adjacent purposes; experienced in systems using engine cooling water, non-engine cooling and exhaust heat recovery
- Adiabatic Cooling (Pre Coolers) – reduce running costs and improve engine efficiency with compact, self-contained designs with robust components for easy maintenance
- Fan Control Systems – basic and advanced control systems to improve operating efficiency and reduce parasitic losses, including supply of temperature sensors, thermowells and gauges to complete the control process